Merrick Pet Food Revolution – Hound Girl Is On Board
Merrick Pet Food Revolution has started, Merrick declared a food revolution with a new line of dog food recipes that take pet food to an entirely new level. Merrick is well known at the Hound Girl homestead because of the canned food so I was so excited to get this package because it gave us a chance to try the dry food including the classic recipes along with the new grain free line. Haylie eats dry food with canned food mixed in as a topper twice a day. I will be the first dog owner to admit how picky my dog is, it can be very frustrating when she gets tired of her canned food flavor and will go on strike. This was the #1 reason we started purchasing Merrick canned food is because it has the largest variety of canned dog food I have ever seen. There are 14 varieties of canned dog food in their existing line but their new line which is part of the Merrick pet food revolution includes 6 varieties of canned that that are grain free! That is 20 different flavors I now can offer Haylie as canned food, looks like my local Petco better watch out I’m coming to stock up on Merrick canned dog food!
Merrick pet food revolution was created by listening to what pet owners wanted and studying the latest nutrition research along with conducting reviews of farmers and suppliers to reinvent their formulas. Merrick pet care came up with a five star promise.
1. Local growers: Ingredients from local farmers to ensure freshness and safety. This is so important today with all the issues with ingredients coming from China.
2. Real whole foods: No artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings or preservatives. We use to have to watch this so close with Fred and his epilepsy because preservatives could cause a seizure, with Haylie its important to make sure the ingredients will not cause her to get hot spots due to her being allergic to some ingredient. I want to know what is in my dogs food and understand all ingredients.
3. Balanced nutrition: the balance of proteins, veggies, whole grains and fruit forms a superior nutritional experience for your pet family member. The line also includes grain-free varieties. We loved the original classic recipe and now I am so excited to be able to mix in grain free with our rotation.
4. Health you can see: Industry leading levels of protein, healthy fats, glucosamine and chondroitin. This is so important with Haylie hip dysplasia, I always try to find a food that has vitamins that will be a great supplement for her hips.
5. Cooked in Merrick’s own kitchens: Made with care in small batches. I love that they are making this food in test kitchen and keeping a close eye on the formulas and constantly trying to come up with new recipes.
Some dry food flavors that are part of the classic line that sounded interesting were: real lamb brown rice and apple recipe and real beef whole barley and carrot recipe.
Haylies favorite canned food in the classic recipe line: brauts-n-tots and cowboy cookout.
I was excited to see that the new grain free line has a buffalo flavored dry food, she loves buffalo by far as her favorite protein.
The grain free canned food includes proteins from beef, tripe, chicken, pork, duck, and buffalo. Yes tripe!!! she loves tripe so I can’t wait to try that out on her.
Don’t take my word for it, head over to your local petco or your food supplier and try their dog food and become part of the Merrick pet food revolution too!