What To Bring To BlogPaws
What To Bring To BlogPaws
At Blogpaws you get the chance to sit in amazing seminars half of the time and thanks to Petco I was able to stay at the actual hotel where the confrence was being held at. This was great for a first timer like me because I had the chance to run to my room to grab electronic chargers or anything else I might need.
Since this was my first time to Blogpaws and I had no idea what to bring while attending the seminars but after the first few seminars I figured out exactly what I needed.
1. I brought my monthly calendar – this came in handy for writing down dates of ideas I wanted to run specific posts on my blog about BlogPaws, it also was great to write down once a week to contact a new company I networked with while here.
2. The BlogPaws directory -this explained what was going on and when, this was so handy – I would go through and circle the seminars I wanted to attend for the day. It also helped me with time management between seminars, meeting with companies and leaving time to speak with vendors and bloggers.
3. Big bag – to carry all this in, not to mention all the goodies that you get. I brought a bag but this blogpaws bag was bigger and worked out great for all these itmes.
4. Laptop – I prefer to take my notes on my laptop so that was the main reason for carrying this around. The other main reason was for social media (facebook and twitter) it was easier to use on my laptop.
5. Pen – you should always have a pen handy
6. Cell Phone - mainly used as my form of communication with bloggers and companies, checking my email, to take pictures if I didnt want to get out the big camera.
7. Business Cards – this was a HUGE thing – everyone has cards – this is what you give to vendors when you meet them, you exchange this with other bloggers. This is your way to have someone remember you. There was also a “blogger exchange” table where you can leave a stack of your cards out and bloggers can exchange their cards.
8. Lipstick and mirror – My mother always told me when meeting people for the first time to always have liptstick on, Im in my thirties and still doing that.
9. Your badge holder – everyone wears this all the time, you never know who you might run into! This was also awesome because it held my business cards as well as the ones I received from people I met.
10. Breath mints – fresh breath is important!
Not pictured – my big Nikon camera, to be honest I would rather have brought my small camera that was light weight and fits into a bag easily. I was always on the go and didnt have the time to pull out my big camera all the time. I hardly took any pictures with it, most pictures were with my cell phone.